District Notice Board
Mr. Mawejje Andrew
Chief Administrative Officer
Mr. Mawejje Andrew is the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of Kakumiro district and he is the head of the public service in the district and the accounting officer of the District.
Functions of the Chief Administrative Officer
- Be responsible for the implementation of all lawful decisions taken by the District Council;
- Give guidance to the local government councils and their departments in the application of the relevant laws and policies;
- Supervise, monitor and coordinate the activities of the district and lower council’s employees and departments and ensure
accountability and transparency in the management and delivery of the council’s services;
- Develop capacity for development and management of the planning function of the district;
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of all delegated services and the officers working in those services;
- Act as a liaison officer between the district and the government;
- Advise the chairperson on the administration of the council;
- Assist in the maintenance of law, order and security in the district;
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the district council from time to time.